Zoo Miami is a leading attraction with numerous locations that are well suited for use by commercial photographers for print, broadcast, digital media or commercial production, as long as the production is in accordance with our mission. These sites can be made available only during off-peak days and times including weekdays, Monday through Thursday. Shoots are structured to ensure minimal inconvenience to Zoo visitors.
Commercial fees are determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to, the nature and purpose of the project, its intended market, its potential promotional value to the Zoo, time of day, time of year, displacement of other revenue-generating events, disruption to exhibits and guests, access to behind-the-scene areas, the impact of the production among staff and animal care, length of the stay, and extent to which the Zoo is required to support the project.
Commercial Still Photography - starting daily rates (8hrs) during business hours (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM) is $750 plus tax. Each hour (or portion of each hour) over the 8 hrs is $150.
Commercial Film/TV/Video shoots- starting daily rates (8hrs) during business hours (9:30 AM - 5:30 PM) is $1000 plus tax. Each hour (or portion of each hour) over the 8 hrs is $200.
- The 8 hrs begin with arrival & setup and include time taken for breakdown and departure.
- These rates are starting points. Rates are subject to change depending on the size and complexity of the shoot.
- Payment: AMEX, MC, VISA and checks payable to the Zoological Society of Florida are accepted.
- Payment must be received prior to the shoot or upon arrival on the day of the shoot.
- General liability insurance covering this activity is required. The insurance must have coverage amounts of one million dollars ($1,000,000) for bodily injury; one hundred thousand ($100,000) for property damage and; must name Zoo Miami as an additional named insured. A copy of the certificate of insurance must be on file with Zoo Miami prior to the shoot.
- A permit from the Miami-Dade Office of Film and Entertainment is also required.
- A refund for rain is granted at 50% of the initial amount reserved.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks (14 business days) in advance of the shoot through the Public Relations or Marketing Department and are booked at the discretion of this department.
- Separate fees may apply for the use of security guards or additional staff.
If you would like to take photos/film at the Zoo Miami for a commercial purpose, you must submit a request in writing to Zoo Miami at least two weeks prior to the date of the intended shoot. Please contact Zoo Miami’s Public Relations or Marketing department via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. You may also call either department at 305-255-5551 or 305-251-0400.
- Contact name, company name, address, phone number and email address
- Explain the purpose of your project including the name of the company represented in the shoot
- Include the number of people taking part for the shoot
- Request the amount of time needed for the shoot
- List the size of props, equipment, etc. being used
- Include a request for a particular animals or keepers, etc.
- Include the area of the zoo that you’d like to shoot
- Provide additional details that Zoo Miami needs to be aware of
Zoo Miami reserves the right to deny any request, cancel any shoot at any time if it is not in the best interest of the Zoo’s animals, or visitors or if it is contrary to the Zoo’s mission. When applicable, Zoo Miami requests a script review before a shoot can begin.
Use of Zoo Miami for personal photography
Zoo Miami encourages visitors to take personal video or still photographs while enjoying their visit. All images and videos taken by guests and patrons are allowed free of charge so long as the images are used for a personal, noncommercial purpose. All photographs should be taken from designated visitor viewing areas, or within the boundaries as it relates to special programs, engagements, etc. and Zoo Miami has the right to withhold or withdraw consent to photograph and video or to reproduce photographs or video of Zoo Miami, which includes zoo exhibits, animals and buildings or otherwise defined.
Admittance into Zoo Miami grants permission to Zoo Miami and Zoo Miami Foundation to utilize guests’ likeness, actions or statements in any live or recorded audio, video or photographic display or other transmission, publication or reproduction at Zoo Miami in any medium or context for commercial or promotional purposes without further authorization or compensation. Each guest individually and on behalf of his/her minor children further waives any right to pre-approval, royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of imagery.
All trademarks, service marks, logos, images, and facilities of Zoo Miami and Zoo Miami Foundation are the sole property of Zoo Miami and the Zoo Miami Foundation and may not be used, reproduced, displayed or distributed without written consent from Zoo Miami.