Last ticket sold at 4:00 PM
The primary function of the Grant Writer is to research, identify, apply, and report for various grants and donors that meets organizational needs. They will oversee and track the application and reporting process from beginning to end. An annual goal of grant revenue raised will be outlined for this position to successfully achieve.
• Research various types of grants (charitable foundations, state, federal, etc.) to identify potential funders for organization needs.
• Work with the Director of Learning Experiences, Chief Development Officer, and other senior development staff to discuss available sources of funding to be pursued.
• Draft and submit grant applications and reports by compiling required and relevant information through collaboration with involved staff, research, data collection, and other fact finding actions.
• Draft and report budgets/expenses for programs and/or institutional needs working with accounting and involved staff.
• Track all grant proposals and grants received to ensure compliance with grant deliverables, communications, and reporting deadlines.
• Work closely with the Director of Learning Experiences, Chief Development Officer, Major Gift Officers, and Director of Membership in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals.
• Meet annual grant revenue goal outlined by supervisor.
• Assist organizational events and programs as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years grant writing experience required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Research skills via grant databases, internet searches, etc.
• Ability to plan and manage work flow on multiple projects simultaneously to meet outlined goals and deadlines.
• Very organized and meticulous with details.
• Flexible in working with various databases and departments/staff.
• Team player with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including OneDrive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Current Florida Driver’s License in good standing.
Zoo Miami Foundation
Re: Grant Writer
12400 SW 152nd ST, Miami Fl 33177
Fax #: 305-255-7126