Grant Proposal Guidelines
Proposals for the James A. Kushlan Wading Bird Research & Conservation Grant
General Information for Applicants
- Open to any applicant, including research and conservation professionals, students, citizen conservationists, not-for-profit organizations, or government entities with no restriction as to the location of the recipients or the location of the work to be done.
- Proposals will be judged on the project’s likelihood that it will make a significant contribution to the understanding, conservation and research of wading birds including herons, storks, ibises, or spoonbills (birds in the families Ardeidae, Threskiornithidae, and Ciconiidae). A research program MUST be part of the application. Grants will not be awarded to conservation action alone. Research on rare, endangered, and little-known species or populations will be prioritized.
- James A. Kushlan Wading Bird Research & Conservation Grants may be up to $5,000.
- All proposals must be in English.
- Proposals should be brief (3 pages in no larger than 12-point font) including the following 3 sections:
- A cover sheet and abstract summarizing the work, all contact information for the applicant, professional affiliation if any, and a short biography of the applicant pertinent to the proposed work.
- One narrative page, including background/ rationale, with clearly stated objectives and methods, and pertinent literature cited if any.
- One page that includes the amount being requested, the individual or institution to which the grant would be made, details regarding how the money requested would be spent, timelines for the grant-funded portion of the project, and proposed reporting timing. Overhead should not be charged against the grant.
- All correspondences regarding the application, its receipt and funding decisions will be communicated by e-mail to the applicants. Grant funds will be made available upon the award decision. Timeline, reporting, and crediting requirements will be specified upon award.
Proposals are due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7th, 2022
Notification of grant award(s) will be announced April, 2022